Sunday, July 19, 2009

Croaker Bite is Still On!!

Saturday
I took my buddy Kevin Kelly and his girlfriend Amy out yesterday on the Go Green Fishing Machine to see if the Croakers were still hitting, and they were!!

We had a very hard incoming tide but the fish were still biting in the 50 foot zone. Cut squid was our bait using standard bottom rigs.
Over the last two weeks, I have found that at the MM Tunnel, the incoming tide is the better producer. Try it! Come on down to Hampton and get on these fun fish. They are great in the Skillet as well!








Sunday
Today I started off at 4am putting 20 pounds of BBQ on the smoker. Ruth is coming back today from PA visiting family, and I wanted to have a special Sunday dinner prepared for her return.
Actually here at the condo, one of my neighbors thought something was on fire. He ask me if I knew what it was and I told him it is a combination of hickory and apple wood somkin on my grill, flavoring 20 pounds of pork butts!

We will smoke the pork for about 13 hours, have dinner, then vacuum seal the rest for company. Loads of fun.
As of now, seven hours left to smoke. Might even be able to make Buckroe today! Our Go Green Bikes are ready for a beach trip!

Jim B

No comments: