Saturday, December 31, 2022

2023 marks Jim Baugh Outdoors TV 35th year in production and distrubition

 


2023 marks 35 years! Jim Baugh Outdoors TV is about to embark on its 35th year in production. I can’t believe it! When I started, I was in my twenties, now I am 61. But a young 61! So here is just a few of the thing’s JB has done during the 3 and 1½ decades of producing the show.

Two marriages, two awesome and successful kids, I moved from Richmond to Hampton to The Eastern Shore then to Virginia Beach. Produced over 350 television shows, numerous tourism films, 1 piano concerto plus over 50 original compositions, wrote 3 books, one an Amazon Best Seller, 1 screenplay, penned over 1000 regional and national magazine columns, 2 short films, one played in 10 film festivals all over the world and gaining 4 awards in cinematography, editing, and music, as well as best experimental film.

Here is a very positive statement. In all the years we have worked with hundreds of people in order to produce the show. From Captains, mates, guides, sponsors, production crews, television executives you name it. Every person I have met has been a positive experience. Nothing negative, never. Well, there once was this bell hop in North Carolina we did not see eye to eye at all, but other than that, it has been an amazing joyful experience.

There is not that many of us left who has been around as long. We still got Hank, Jimmy, Roland, and a few others that are still rockin and for longer than we have. More power to them and keep killin it.

Not sure I will ever retire. I mean it is the greatest job in the world! I get to fish, boat, play music, and hang out in TV studios and the beach while eating lots of seafood. What is not to love!

As I write this I do find myself single and living at the beach. Never would have thought that one. But with raising my kids behind me, and the career is going well, I believe there is probably one last chapter in the female partner department. We will see.

Lastly thanks to everyone who has made Jim Baugh Outdoors TV possible for these 35 years. Especially my dad Judge Baugh who was my partner in the business for all those early years. The Judge always had the best and correct advice. RIP Judge Baugh

“Jimmy! Quit watchin the dam idiot box!”

~The Judge

Godspeed,

JB


No comments: