Sunset over the Concrete Ships Kiptopeake State Park, Eastern Shore Virginia. Last sunset for 2019. Happy New Year folks! May 2020 bring you peace, joy, great fishing, great recipes, lots of Jazz, and good health. Godspeed, JB
Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Monday, December 30, 2019
NEW SHOW JBOTV features the Mid Atlantic Rockfish Shootout 2019 at the Oyster Farm. Also scenes from Festive Fridays in Cape Charles. Watch now on FB worldwide release Amazon Prime Video Jan 10, 2020. Tight lines. Jb
Tuesday, December 17, 2019
Production services by Mermaid Bay Media Productions LLC
and Mermaid Bay AIR
Filmed, edited and music by Jim Baugh
Wachapreague is a historic and charming place to live and visit. Surrounded by farmland, woods and water, a visit here is the perfect antidote to the harried life.
With only 230 permanent residents, you will never feel crowded strolling the streets of our lovely victorian-era town. Long famous for its inshore and offshore sports fishing, the town today is a coastal community base for enjoying some of the last undeveloped and unspoiled wetlands and barrier islands in the mid-Atlantic States.
The bird watching here is fantastic, especially during the spring and fall migration. Biking is a breeze due to the flat terrain. And if your own fishing skills are rusty, there are several restaurants in the area to sample our seafood.
Whether you are new to town, a visitor or a long-time resident, we invite you to explore our website. If you are new to Wachapreague, we hope as you learn more about our town, you'll plan a trip to visit us soon!
TOWN OF WACHAPREAGUE
Phone (757) 787-7117
Phone (757) 787-7117
Web site CLICK HERE
Thursday, December 12, 2019
Jim Baugh Outdoors TV is proud and excited to announce our new marine sponsor for 2020 Sea Cat Boats!
Jim Baugh Outdoors TV is proud and excited to announce our new marine sponsor for 2020 Sea Cat Boats! After 10 years of being out of production the popular Sea Cat has new owners and a new model! The new 26 is the ultimate in an offshore and Bay boat, anything less is a compromise. Our new TV features with Sea Cat will air worldwide on Amazon Prime Video as well as the JBOTV YouTube channel and all our social media. Jim Baugh Outdoors TV will debut the new 26 for our show at the 2019 Miami International Boat Show in February. look for soon to be released performance numbers and sea trial film. For now, just visit the new Sea Cat web site for all the latest info and we also have posted some recent pics of the new black hull. What a beauty and just in time for Christmas! Tight Lines and Cheers! JB
Wednesday, November 20, 2019
Make your reservations today for one very enjoyable Thanksgiving. Dine in or out! We will see ya there with the best views of the Bay and fantastic food. Seafood Eatery at the Oyster Farm (757) 331-8660
Monday, November 18, 2019
Jim Baugh Outdoors TV will launch on
Amazon Prime Video Jan 2020
You can sneak a peak at the link below, we will have everything else up by Jan 1 2020, and we are still in production for 2019.
If you like please leave a comment and let us know what you would like us to produce more of.
Mermaid Bay Productions LLC & Mermaid Bay AIR
Thursday, November 7, 2019
RIP Jerry Mckinnis
Here we go, when I first started watching a fishing show was now knocking on the door of 50 years past. I may have been only 10 or 11 years old. What would broadcast on then what the Judge called “The Idiot Box” was an outdoor show called “The Southern Sportsman with Frank White”. In future years, this and only one other outdoor program “The Fishing Hole with Jerry McKinnis” would be the only two outdoor shows I was so enthused about I would actually record them on my VCR and watch them over and over. Both programs in a way would influence my outdoor television career in the years to come. However, while Frank White was an entertaining blow hard environmental advocate, Jerry Mckinnis on the other hand was one of only a hand full of people that started, actually created a worldwide outdoor entertainment and sports revolution, yes an entire industry. Jerry McKinnis was a key factor to the evolution and success of that industry. Jerry also produced his program “The Fishing Hole” for 44 years. That in and of itself is an amazing accomplishment and it was a great show.
He was a member of the Bass Fishing Hall of Fame, National Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame and the International Game Fish Association Hall of Fame as well as co-owner of the Bass Master Sportsman Society. His production company JM Associates in Little Rock remains a major post house and producers of many television shows and various projects. It was Jerry and his company that was the force behind the weekend outdoor television block on ESPN. This was even before any syndicated Outdoor Networks of which there seems to be dozens of in todays marketplace. So yes… Jerry McKinnis was a BIG deal in the industry of which we probably will not see the likes of again. Jerry was fortunate to be at the very beginning of what soon would be a billion dollar industry and he managed his input with grace, style, and a lot of class.
I first met Jerry at the then AFTMA show back in 1990 in New Orleans. It was a big deal for me because I was such a fan of his show. As busy as he was Jerry took the time to speak with us and I actually spent a couple of hours talking with his associate Jim Manion. Jim gave me a lot of invaluable advice about the television industry and at the time our show was only two (2) years old. So one can imagine what this meant to me.
From then on our paths would rarely cross, maybe a trade show here or there, some phone calls from me to Jerry trying to figure out if ESPN would be a good fit for us. It was not, but he was extremely kind to give me the time and info that he did. In the years to come social media would come around and I would keep tabs on what he was up to and of course msg him about his book when it came out. A fine read.
Jerry was a major influence on our outdoor show and in a way that he never knew nor has anyone else until today. People probably would guess that my love for his show was because he would go to these awesome places and catch fantastic small mouth and trout. However the fact is my admiration for his program really had nothing to do with fishing, but everything to do with Jerry and his son Mark. Here are the three reasons why his show stood out so much… at least to me.
1) Film : Jerry McKinnis shot his show on film. Film is never easy and especially an outdoor show when lighting can be a real bear at times. The fact that his film look just really matched his on air style and certainly bode well with landscape photography. Even when Jerry was on David Letterman Dave mentioned, ”yeah you’re the guy that shoots film” His show always stood out for that.
2) Non Commercial: While watching the Fishing Hole you never saw 50 different logos on his shirt or boat that looks like a living billboard. Sure he had sponsor billboards at the top and maybe end of his show but that was about it. Jerry understood the importance of story, and each episode was story telling, not a commercial. This defiantly set the Fishing Hole apart from other outdoors shows at the time. Also Jerry was just a natural on air talent without a bunch of hype, watching him you just liked the guy. It was easy to do, and people did.
3) Music: Ok, this is the biggie for me and what has made such an impact on our own outdoor productions that now is going on 32 years. TRUE STORY… One day I am sitting there maybe 30 years ago watching the fishing hole, it was a good show and then, Jerry takes us on a montage, a journey on horseback through some beautiful canyons and gorges. Meanwhile his son Mark who worked in production at JM Assoc and is an accomplished musician, composed and performed this simple yet wonderful and truly inspiring music. All set to film of people on horseback riding through canyons.
Now, this went on for quite a while. Nothing but images of horseback riding and awesome music. It was so beautiful I kid you not, I got a tear in my eye. Can you believe it? Tearing up watching a fishing show? It was so cool and NOTHING that you would ever see on any other outdoors show. It was to me sort of a National Geographic moment mixed in with a great fishing program.
Well at the time I thought because of this episode I watched, it sorta gave me the license to make our soundtracks a major part of our productions, and we have.
So as one can tell, Jerry McKinnis was a major influence on my career and am honored that I got to meet him. As many people have already written, Jerry McKinnis influence on the outdoor world cannot be overstated, never more true words have been written. A great man, a true legend in the outdoor world.
When Jerry signed his book for me he wrote I would really enjoy the chapter on television. He was right.
Prayers to his loved ones, Jerry will be truly missed by all that his life touched.
Thank you Jerry, and what a life you led!
Jim Baugh Outdoors TV
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
We had clouds all day but a rare clear night for the Hunter Moon. This was filmed looking East over Magothy Bay. The single moon shot was the first exposure. This location was featured in our award winning short film the Milky Way Galaxy our Home.
Photos were takin on an SL2 50mm prime lense F1.8 stacked in PSCC.
Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Out walking Jazz our dog on the beach castin a few lures and looking for sea glass. Here on the Eastern Shore of Virginia there are lots of places that regularly one can find some real treasures that have been washed up on shore.
I was pretty shocked when I saw this bottle that was just sitting on the edge of the Bay. On close inspection I realized it was an old bottle, but just how old and could it be rare?
Well researched all the info I could and turn out this is a bottle from the late 1800s. To be exact, 1881 to 1883 Enterprise Brewery was established in Baltimore and was just open for two years. This bottle would be one of the few if any collectables remaining from that brewery.
On the back of the bottle it says “Bottle Never Sold”. Back in the day bottlers would own the bottles and “Lease” the glass container to whoever. This was a way of protecting and re using their bottles.
We have cleaned up this find and now sits in my wife’s incredible sea glass collection, that honestly is the largest I have seen.
Great day for a beach walk and ya never know what the tide will bring!
Saturday, September 28, 2019
Here is a pictorial of the shots we filmed from March-September 2019 of the Milky Way. The locations filmed from March-June were used in our short film "The Milky Way Galaxy Our Home" which has been selected for two film festivals and more announcements soon.
It has been an incredible filming experiance.
Wachapreague /Cedar Island
Mermaid Bay Beach
Mermaid Bay Beach
Mermaid Bay Beach
Here is the short film that was produced from the first four months of filming
Link to blogpost for more info HERE
Saturday, September 14, 2019
New Release! Now available Piano Collections Vol 1 music/video DVD by Jim Baugh also on Amazon Prime Video
Piano collections vol 1 Music and Film DVD
by Jim Baugh
Includes the new sonata "Twilight" for orchestra and piano.
Run time 52 minutes, DVD format Stereo.
DISCRIPTION: Similar to some artist during the Windham Hill era of the 1980's, all the music on this DVD is set to film. Ranging from scenes of the Milky Way Galaxy filmed from never before seen dark sky sites over the Atlantic Ocean, to the bucolic underwater canyons and reefs of Cozumel, to timelapse sunsets over the majestic Chesapeake Bay, this music and film presentation you will find most enjoyable, relaxing, and inspirational.
This music is inspired from the works of many artist and labels including Windham Hill, Oregon, Metheny\Mays, and Keith Jarrett.
Tracks included on this DVD
Underwater Improv Piano Concerto -Piano and Orchestration
This was filmed of the coast of North Carolina, the Palancar Reefs and Canyons in Cozumel Mexico. and Baja.
Mermaid Bay -Piano (Live)
Live from the Peninsula Youth Benefit Concert and film of the Chesapeake Bay in winter.
Nightscapes -Piano and Organ
Filmed on four never before published dark sky locations on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. “The milky Way Galaxy Our Home” played in several film festivals after it’s debut at the Palace Theater in June of 2019.
“KE” -Piano (Live)
A composition dedicated to the style and works of Keith Emerson.
Astrophotography time lapse and sunsets over the Chesapeake Bay
November Sky -Piano and Orchestration
Filmed on a late November Sunset at 400 feet overlooking the Chesapeake Bay.
Sample from DVD November Sky
Some reviews on tracks featured on this DVD
· The music sounds great. Very moving piece of music, classical in style with a new age feel, the video goes well with it. ~One World Radio UK
· Really amazing!! ~Santiago Vera, Italy
· long dives in to the raw emotional shards of extended composition with no pop structure in sight. This piece floats and wafts, sometimes sad and buoyant to be broken by the quick flourish and bite of the trill fish, darting between the semibreves and bottom ooze. I think that it is adventurous and bold, it does indeed remind me of some of the drama of Beethoven and is more European to me in its currents and eddies. I could talk of production and sound sources but not today, l just want to listen and be washed by my mother the deep mysterious sea. Bravo. ~ David Hill, Australia
· It's the best and it made my day, God Bless you. ~ EM Nestsoul, Cape Town South Africa
· Nice job Jim. ~ Mike Meyer, USA
· For late night listening, I quite like it and I am always impressed by anyone who can actually make piano keys actually "tinkle". Improv skills really show! Also, it's simply beautiful! ~ Michael Sirois, Denmark
· An amazing composition, sounds and performance. Well done with this Jim. ~ D William, USA
· Man that was so good I just had to rub my face to help come out of the trance so I could try and compose some thoughts on what I've just heard. Without even the need of a title of any imagery I was immediately drawn under the waves, bubbles floating around my head as I swam deeper and deeper into this piece. There were some truly masterful parts counterpointed by "wash over me" phases that worked so well as a whole. Can you tell, I quite liked it? ~ Ray Chapman, United Kingdom
· Nice video man and great playing, good work, keep it up ~ Andy Dawson, USA
· Absolutely beautiful.. realizing I don't typically listen to anything less than 30 minutes, but I figured what the heck I really don't have a lot going on in my life so I decided this one time .. seriously amazing piano and shows the bar as of right now has been raised by more than several degrees .. I actually never did lose interest straight thru. ~ Ray Pitts, USA
· Beautiful. Mesmerizing, I love it! ~ Janice Lewis, USA
· Love George Winston. December is a holiday staple around my home. As such, you can imagine I really enjoyed the piano work here. Very beautiful and very relaxing. Can’t say I honestly listened to the entire piece, but what I did listen to was beautiful (about 10 minutes)I’ll be back for the rest. Nice. ~ David Becker, USA
· This is very good ! You really captured the feel of the water. ~ Mary McEwan, USA
· I've given the concerto a listen. It is really quite nice. I like the inclusion of band elements in the 2nt movement. And again, the use of effects, which I've not heard you use prior.. reverb, delay.. is handled very well. Enjoyed this a great deal!! P.S. Your technique is really stunning...whether used for subtlety or bravado. ~Richard Lumpkin, USA
· A wonderful composition, performance and video. Top marks for me Jim. Well done! ~ Douglas Williams, USA
· So Soothing, I Loved It! ~ Eva Winters, USA
· I was overloaded by fish-school & glissandi, & decided to eliminate the visuals, & immediately memories of Keith Jarrett's improvisations on piano came to mind. Another movement arrives, & here the atmospherics contribute, connection to 3rd movement, Jarrett full chords played with gusto & glissandi reprise. Your command of the keys is sublime. Finishing with a spiritual surprised. ~ James Pembroke, Brisbane Australia
· Beautiful music Jim! ~ Adam Abbity, USA
· I can’t look at the ocean without thinking about how we’re killing it. The frenetic pace of the playing stirred me. ~ Trudy Fielding, Sydney Australia
· Really nice film, keep up the good work! ~ A.D. USA
· Well this is cool. A beautiful stirring piece full of emotion and possibly angst. you've hit the reaction mark, with this, loved the sweeping addition of the strings and orchestra washing away behind the frantic keys. Some beautiful highs and lows and superbly glued together for a truly dramatic experience. It had to be about water. Great stuff. ~ Alan Pullen, Strawberry Records Australia
· Great job JB! ~ Betcie Thrift, USA
· Amazing underwater footage! ~Vielen Dank, Germany
· I Love your music! ~J. Sweard, USA
· After several weeks of travel, I finally had enough internet service to watch Jim Baugh's musical video composition. From the first few moments I was totally enthralled. The music truly accentuated the beauty of the underwater video. A true master piece of music bringing the video to life. Very nicely done. ~ Jack Normand, USA
· I couldn't listen to all of it Jim but what I heard was just magical. ~Carol Ratcliffe , Oakham United Kingdom
· WOW!!! Music and diving both incredible! ~ Louise Tutka Scott , USA
· Absolutely amazing Jim...CONGRATS and keep it going! ~Ernest Mathewson, USA
· Totally awesome! You are truly a man of many talents! Congratulations! ~Joyce Dick , USA
· "Very Impressive" ~Andy Tremayne, England
· Continental plates shift and grind creating great earthquakes that can destroy beyond imagination. Climate fronts of hot and cold air collide and can generate massive tornados that rip across the plains and give the great mother nature a facelift. And so 12 notes colored black white on a piano over and over again can evoke such tension and release. With Jim’s fast and furious right hand glancing across the keys of his piano grace and beauty roll off the soundboard and into the air. From the power of his left hand it almost feels as if he can on his own construct massive mountain ranges. Truly a seasoned talent in conjunction with his passion Jim creates where others merely observe. You will find yourself wishing to take flight like a hawk in its prime, so that you can soar high into the air where you can savor the notes longer and truly realize that vastness on display. A specific treat is his original composition entitled “KE”, while a dedication to Keith Emerson Jim seems to also excel in channeling the greats into his own playing. Even if you are not a fan of Jazz or Progressive Rock I would highly recommend taking an opportunity to watch this talent on display. For even those that like a catchy tune on the radio will appreciate the true artistry on display here. Michael. Music Reviews
Wednesday, September 11, 2019
New Show! JBOTV Shuck and Suck 2019 plus Bash by the Bay held at the Oyster Farm at Kings Creek, Cape Charles Virginia!
Oyster Farm at Kings Creek
NEW!! Jim Baugh Piano Collections DVD Vol 1 (music & film dvd) now available on Amazon!
HOOKED & Aftermath books by Jim Baugh on Amazon by Solstice Publishing
Jim Baugh Outdoors TV You Tube Channel please visit and subscribe
Jim Baugh Online Hub!
Many thanks, and hope you folks wil enjoy the new Piano DVD. 52 min run time, lots of underwater film, astrophotography, live concert, and many sunsets over the Chesapeake all set to beautiful Piano music.
Piano Collections Vol 1 DVD by Jim Baugh
All music is set to film
run time 52 minutes.