Thursday, July 5, 2007

Swimming in the Congo River could be a real BITE!!

This was sent to me by an old Buddy Jerry A. from Hampton. Turns out the pics have been circling around the net, thought the fish was fascinating and did a little research on Congo species. So far, folks were a little stumped as to what this thing is, and so was I. From the research I have been able to do so far, the fish is called an African Tiger Fish. There are several variety's of these, but believe it or not, in a "small size" they are very expensive aquarium fish.
The Tiger Fish Prefers warm, well-oxygenated water, mostly sizable rivers and lakes. I guess this is a good example of what some aquarium fish can grow into given the proper open environment. Thanks JA for sending on the pic, was very interesting. From the looks of it, I think I will stick to the Hampton Bar, Chesapeake Bay, and the Canyon Offshore!!
Thanks again.
Jim B

No comments: