Saturday, February 16, 2008

Key Largo-Marathon Key

We made a quick stop in Key Largo at one of my favorite places in the Keys, Bay Side Cay Club. Truth is, they have about the best Sushi Bar I have ever seen. It is my favorite first stop in the Keys. I needed to head down to Marathon Key and hook up with my Hampton VA buddy Barry B for a little fishing and shooting. Barry and I are soon to be neighbors, I bought a place next to his house on the Hampton River, so finally, I might learn something about Cobia Fishing!! Now that I will be living next door to him, he probably will want to spend more time down in the keys, as if two months is not enough!!
The c5 Vette will be screaming North Bound in a couple days, back in time to post produce all of our 2008 program to air on the Sportsmans Channel. Our last stop will be Delray Beach to see my camera man Wayne Baker. Wayne also owns a home on the Hampton River and just bought a flat in Richmond. Wayne is doing 3d modeling work for Lockheed Martin, and is just loving living on the beach down here in FL. Wayne and his wife Susan do come back to Hampton a lot. They visited me over Christmas and Susan said that she has never seen anything prettier than Hampton during the holidays. Downtown Hampton really puts on a show for the holidays, parades, and even a down town outdoor Ice Rink. All the boats are also decorated and the holiday boat parade is something to definitely mark your calendar for next year.

Off to Marathon!!
Tight Lines
Jim B

No comments: